***TIME IS TBD*** check with your teacher on the exact time that your classroom will be going to harvest fest
Halloween Costumes & Photos at Thornton Creek School
In order to make Halloween a positive experience for everyone at school, please consider the following guidelines when helping your child select a costume for school:
• Costumes are optional and they should be brought to change into separately; please do not have your student wear their costume to school.
• Please help your child to select a costume that is not violent in nature – violence is inappropriate at school and other children can be frightened by blood and gore representations. No weapons of any kind will be allowed at school.
• Please help your child select a costume that is culturally sensitive and respectful – please avoid dressing up as non-specific people from cultures other than your own (for example: Native American, Gypsy, Geisha, etc.).
• For safety reasons, please do not include masks or other face coverings that make your child not easily recognizable. This includes face painting.
• Adult/Parent costumes (if worn at all) should follow the same guidelines
If you are not sure whether a particular costume is appropriate for school, we encourage you to consult with your child’s teacher.
REMINDER: Digital pictures are so easy to take and this celebration is so colorful. Please feel free to post photos of your own child(ren), but DO NOT POST OR SHARE photos that include anyone else (children or adults).