Fundraising at Thornton Creek is unique, just like our school community. We don’t ask children and parents to sell wrapping paper, candy, or cookie dough to neighbors and coworkers. Instead we raise funds through scrip and other online programs–most of which don’t require families to spend extra money–and by hosting fundraising events that also build community and help children appreciate how their efforts directly benefit our school.
- What fundraising supports
- Making a direct contribution
- Scrip >>
- More everyday ways to fundraise >>
- Fundraising events >>
Fundraising is critical to the Thornton Creek program. The Seattle Public School District provides funds for most program staff, a portion of the academic tutoring program, and some supplies and materials. Fundraising sponsored by the Thornton Creek Parent Group supports most everything else, including:
- Academic assistants in every classroom.
- Music: vocal music, drumming, and instrumental music instruction.
- Academic coaching–for example, reading assistance for grades 1 and 2.
- Arts and expeditions.
- Playground supervisor.
- Technology and equipment.
- Teacher career development–for example, in expeditionary learning.
- Scholarships for field trips, camp, and other school activities–so all children can participate.
Checks can be dropped off in the lock box to the right of the front office door or mailed to:
Thornton Creek Parent Group
7711 43rd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
The Thornton CreekParent Group is a 501-C organization. Tax ID number: 501-C- 91-1037596.
You may also donate via PayPal:
Find out more
There are a lot of ways to support Thornton Creek. Learn more: