The governing body of our school, Site Council, is a terrific way to get involved in your child’s school, meet a lot of great people, and really make a difference in our school community!
2nd Tuesday of each month
7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Please check calendar to confirm.
Site Council meetings are open meetings. Child care can be provided if arrangements are made at least one day before the Site Council meeting. To make arrangements, contact the Chair.
The Site Council is the administrative body representing the 501(c)3 organization named Thornton Creek Parent Group.
Committees with voting rights at Site Council are noted with an asterisk.
- Plans and holds the annual school auction.
- Maintains the Thornton Creek website.
- Produces the Thornton Creek newsletter, directory, and handbook.
- Organizes parent education events about expeditionary learning and other curricula used in our unique program.
- Compiles and produces the yearly expedition newsletter.
District Relations Committee*
- Monitors proposals that are under consideration by the Zone and School District.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with other schools and educational groups.
- Represents the views and concerns of the Thornton Creek Site Council to the larger Seattle Public School community.
- Plans and implements school-wide diversity events for students, families, and staff.
- Supports and encourages discussions about diversity at Thornton Creek that facilitate understanding and celebraton of differences.
- Coordinates before- and after-school activities with parent volunteers and vendors.
- Compiles and distributes registration information at the start of each session.
- Proposes and implements improvements to and maintenance of facilities, including landscaping, water quality, and earthquake preparedness.
- Plans and coordinates events to raise funds to support Site Council programs.
Grant Writing Committee
- Identifies and seeks funding from a variety of sources to support specific programs at Thornton Creek.
- Organizes the welcoming events for new families.
- Plans a variety of appreciation events for teachers and staff.
Recruitment and Hiring Committee
- Plans and coordinates recruitment of staff members for Thornton Creek.
- Organizes Health and Medical Safety Committee.
- Organizes all disaster preparedness, including earthquake supplies.
2014 to 2015 school year:
May (393 KB)
April (392 KB)
March (340 KB)
February (323 KB)
No December meeting
2013 to 2014 school year:
June May Apr Mar Feb Jan
Dec Nov Oct Sept Aug
Site Council contacts
Enrichment activities coordinator
Recruitment and Hiring
*Position or committee has voting rights at Site Council.