The governing body of our school, Site Council, is a terrific way to get involved in your child’s school, meet a lot of great people, and really make a difference in our school community! Learn more.
Generally every 2nd Tuesday of each month
6:30 to 8:30 p.m., details here.
Site Council meetings are open meetings. Child care can be provided for in-person meetings if arrangements are made at least one day before the Site Council meeting. To make arrangements, contact the Chair.
The Site Council is the administrative body representing the 501(c)3 organization named Thornton Creek Parent Group.
Committees with voting rights at Site Council are noted with an asterisk.
- Maintains the Thornton Creek website.
- Produces the Thornton Creek newsletter, directory, and handbook.
- Organizes parent education events about expeditionary learning and other curricula used in our unique program.
- Compiles and produces the yearly expedition newsletter.
District Relations Committee*
- Monitors proposals that are under consideration by the Zone and School District.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with other schools and educational groups.
- Represents the views and concerns of the Thornton Creek Site Council to the larger Seattle Public School community.
Equity, Diversity and inclusivity Committee
- Plans and implements school-wide diversity events for students, families, and staff.
- Supports and encourages discussions about diversity at Thornton Creek that facilitate understanding and celebration of differences.
- Learn more.
- Coordinates before- and after-school activities with parent volunteers and vendors.
- Compiles and distributes registration information at the start of each session.
- Proposes and implements improvements to and maintenance of facilities, including landscaping, water quality, and earthquake preparedness.
- Plans and coordinates events to raise funds to support Site Council programs.
Grant Writing Committee
- Identifies and seeks funding from a variety of sources to support specific programs at Thornton Creek.
- Organizes the welcoming events for new families.
- Plans a variety of appreciation events for teachers and staff.
Recruitment and Hiring Committee
- Plans and coordinates recruitment of staff members for Thornton Creek.
- Learn more.
- Organizes Health and Medical Safety Committee.
- Organizes all disaster preparedness, including earthquake supplies.
2021-22 Meeting Minutes – Coming Soon!
2020-21 Meeting Minutes
Find older minutes on the TC school website
Site Council contacts
– Website editors
– Newsletter submissions
Equity, Diversity & Inclusivity (EDI)
Erica Seddig Carter
Recruitment and Hiring
*Position or committee has voting responsibility.
++Position is unfilled. Contact Chelsea Lin if interested.